The TelePacer* modular MWD platform with spectral gamma ray (GR) provides detailed while-drilling formation structure data. This advanced GR configuration positively identifies stratigraphic laminations along the lateral by giving insight into mineral composition and clay content.
Using potassium, thorium, uranium, and total GR measurements, spectral GR provides three additional curves and 2% total GR precision. With this data, you can more efficiently and effectively:
• place laterals and steer within the targeted zone
• identify lateral formation heterogeneity
• determine clay type•assess clay volume
• perform accurate well-to-well correlation
• infer total organic carbon when combined with information from pilot wells.
This module is offered within the single-collar TelePacer platform. By adding additional components without increasing the length of the drillstring, the TelePacer platform preserves the tight economics inherent to drilling in high-volume unconventional reservoirs.